PHOTOGRAPHY AND MULTIMEDIA CONTEST: THE LANGUAGE OF MEMORY
Memory is a human faculty. We, people, animate the world around us. We accept it without doubt: we fill the world with meaning and it exists in us while we are alive. We think, remember, and believe. We project ourselves outside and think that stones, ground, old photographs, and things dear to us – all have memory.
A narrative portrait implies a story, be it real, painted in the moment, or staged.
We’re looking for photographers with the ability to combine the subject and elements such as location, lighting, and composition to tell a compelling story.
Our juror for the Narrative Portrait will be Nicholas Kahn, half of the creative team Kahn & Selesnick.
Digital, analog or alternative methods, photographers of all skill levels and locations.
35-40 Selected images will hang in the SE Center’s main gallery space for approximately one month with the opportunity to be invited for a solo show at a later date. Openings are timed to coincide with the Village of West Greenville, Greenville, South Carolina’s textile mill village turned arts district, First Fridays, a celebration of art, food and music. Participating artists that can attend have the opportunity for a Portfolio Review by SE Center Director Michael Pannier on the following Saturday morning (reservations needed).
Opens November 6, 2015
Submissions due September 11, 2015
It’s not often you get the chance to change the way people view manufacturing. By entering the EEF PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION you have the opportunity to show the world how vibrant and expansive British manufacturing is today – and win some fantastic prizes.
Over 3,000 images have been entered in the last five years, with finalists’ images attracting national, regional and trade press coverage as well as being exhibited at BIS offices in Westminster, ministerial offices and EEF offices across the country.
At EEF, we are working every day to help secure the future of UK manufacturing. A large part of the success of our industry is wrapped up in how people see what we do, and how they think about it.
British manufacturing is vital to our economy and our well-being. Each day we all take for granted the products and services that have been made as a result of British manufacturing, without always being conscious we are doing so.
We want keep British manufacturing in the spot light by capturing the brilliance and significance of British manufacturers, ensuring their contribution is recognised by the rest of the UK and beyond.
But you don’t have to be a part of the manufacturing sector to enter. Our photography competition is free to enter and open to everyone – professionals and amateurs of all ages.
The jury of international curators will choose one winner and nine finalists from the submitted work. The winner will receive the prize of 10,000 PLN and his/her works will be displayed during the exhibition. The prize for nine finalists is the participation in the exhibition. All selected projects will be exhibited during the 15th edition of the Fotofestiwal in June 2016.
Grand Prix Fotofestiwal is a competition organized every year, during which prizes are awarded to those artists who present cohesive ideas and brave visions as well as excellent photographic technique and who use photographic language in a conscious manner. We want to present interesting personalities and new trends of contemporary photography. This invitation is directed at individual photographers. The formula of the competition is open and there are no thematic, age or geographical restrictions.
– 10.000 PLN (≈2300 euro) – MAIN PRIZE,
– the exhibition of all finalists during the International Festival of Photography (over 20.000 viewers),
– slideshow promoting all finalists during international photography festivals,
– Fotofestiwal wants to invite 50 authors of the best projects submitted to the Grand Prix competition to free participation in Portfolio Review 2016 in Lodz.
1. Tetenal Classics Photography Award 2016 is a pure 100 % analogue competition where only analogue developed and on original photo paper exposed photos will be accepted. Digital transferred photos or digital photographed but analogue developed pictures will not be considered. To participate in our photo competition, the photographer agrees to specify information about its person, the picture and developing process by using the enclosed data form.
Once you have submitted the electronic form you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing details of your submission. This e-mail should be printed and sent together with your entry.
Please send your entry only to following address:
Tetenal Europe GmbH
Subject: Tetenal Classics Award
2. Guidelines for your submission:
– only one picture per participant
– maximum format of 24,0 cm x 30,5 cm
– 100% analogue (photograph and development)
– colored or black and white
– if you want us to send your picture back after the award is finished, you have to mark this in the data form and also enclose a pre-franked, addressed envelope to your entry.
If the picture is not corresponding to our terms & conditions, we reserve the right to exclude your entry from the competition.
3. Everybody aged 18 and over is eligible to participate. Those below this age need to get the approval of their parent or legal guardian before participating.
Furthermore, all participants under the age of 18 are automatically part of the young talent competition “Top Teen” with a separated price awarding.
4. The competition is displayed internationally. The final date for entries to be received is 31.03.2016, 23:59h, CET.
5. This year’s competition theme is “Signs of time”. Afterwards the best ten pictures of all entries (“Top Ten”) and the best three pictures of the aged under 18 (“Top Teen”) will be chosen by a selected jury in Norderstedt.
The prizes and the jury will be announced on the website: since1847.tetenal.com. The winning photographs will be presented on the website and all social media channels. Additionally, all prize winners will be notified by email. In total Tetenal tenders prizes worth of 3.500,- Euro.
6. Each participant may enter multiple images in each category but no single image may be entered into multiple categories. For each image entered the participant own the copyright and has unrestricted rights of use, and the subjects of which do not conflict with the legal provisions of the country of origin or the European Union or the personal rights of any of the individuals portrayed in them. Pornographic images or those which depict or celebrate violence or other activities against the law will be strictly excluded from the competition..
7. By entering the competition, the participant grants Tetenal and the companies associated with Tetenal the irrevocable, non-exclusive right to use the shipped photograph for its PR work indefinitely. That includes the right to publish, reproduce, display and distribute them for Tetenal’s own advertising and promotional purposes. This applies exclusively in connection with the competition in which the participant is taking part and any subsequent communications. The permission includes the use of the submitted photographs for:
(a) presentation purposes in exhibitions,
(b) publication on the world wide web and in social networks,
(c) inclusion in other publications, including in press reports of publications of third parties,
(d) the illustration in the yearly published Tetenal Classics Photography Award – Book 2016,
(e) the promotion of our Tetenal Classics Photography Award 2017.
8. The explicit agreement of the participant is required for any further commercial usage.
In all such uses the author of the image will be acknowledged.
9. By entering the competition, the participant confirms that he or she is the author of the shipped photograph and thus has unrestricted rights of use for it. The participant also confirms that third parties do not have any rights to the shipped photograph and, in particular, that all individuals who are recognizable in the photographs are in agreement with the uses specified above and that the property rights of third parties are not violated by these uses. The participant accepts in advance that Tetenal is exempted from any claims made by third parties. Tetenal employees and any other individuals involved in the conception and implementation of the photography competition are excluded from entering.
10. The participant agrees that he or she can be named as the author.
11. No fees or remuneration of any kind will be paid when photographs are published under the terms and conditions of publication.
12. If the participant wants us to send their image back after judging they have to supply a pre-franked, addressed envelope together with the submission. Failure to provide either of the above will mean we are unable to return the images.
13. By sending the photograph, the participant declares that he or she accepts the terms and conditions of the competition. There is no recourse to legal action.
Der Verein der Kunstfreunde für Wilhelmshaven e. V. schreibt den Preis der NORDWESTKUNST für das Jahr 2017 neu aus.
Bildende Künstlerinnen und Künstler, die in den Bundesländern Niedersachsen, Bremen, Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein, dem Gebiet des Landschaftsverbandes Westfalen oder den grenznahen Niederlanden geboren sind, dort wohnen oder arbeiten oder an einer Akademie / Kunsthochschule im genannten Gebiet studieren oder studiert haben, sind aufgerufen, sich zu bewerben. Der Bewerbungsschluss ist der 20. Januar 2017 (Poststempel).