FREELENS, the largest German organization of photojournalists, presents the FREELENS Award for the 5th LUMIX Festival for Young Photojournalism. The best 60 works will be selected by a our curating team and will be exhibited in several pavilions on the expo grounds during the festival in June. The prize of EUR 10,000 goes to the most impressive work of all festival exhibitions. Two »Honourable Mentions« will also be awarded and include a prize of EUR 1,000 each. All three awarded photographers will be invited to Hanover to be guests of the festival.
The winner of the three prizes will be chosen by an international jury of renowned experts from the photojournalism scene. The granting of the FREELENS Award will take place on Saturday, 18th of June 2016, during the closing party of the festival.
At the core of the Athens Photo Festival is an open submission process which welcomes artists/photographers, collectives, curators, galleries and organisations from all over the world to submit their work to be considered for the main exhibition programme. The selected projects will be exhibited during June and July 2016, at the Benaki Museum, one of the oldest and most prestigious museums in Greece. The Festival also accepts submissions for its screening programme and photobook show as well as for the Young Greek Photographers 2016 exhibition. For information regarding our submissions guidelines and to submit your project, please follow the links below.
From it’s creation back in 2011, the PhotOn Festival has made an effort to dedicate a very important part of its program to support the works done by the novel authors, photographers who are not known by the public, through the PhotOn Grant, and which covers different activities such as the Portfolio Reviews of the 10 finalists and their Multimedia Screenenings. This year, we have some news. We change the prize of the exhibition to an editorial prize and the implementation of a small fee to participate, which will go back to the finalists by providing them free accomodation and lunch and dinner expenses during at least two days, depending on the amount earnt.
We are proudly announcing international call for submissions, open to all artists and photographers working in the field of contemporary photography. Selected works and series will be shown in frames of Photonic Moments – Month of Photography 2016 festival in Ljubljana as part of Evening Projections during the opening days of the festival (2-5 June 2016). The projections will take place in the magnificent venue of ZRC atrium in Ljubljana which will host the majority of accompanying programme of the festival.
The eight edition of Ljubljana’s Photonic Moments – Month of Photography festival is dedicated to promote, popularise and present local and international developments in the field of contemporary photography. The festival is organised by Photon – Centre for Contemporary Photography.
Evening Projections in ZRC atrium will enable participation of artists and photographers who could not be presented on several exhibitions within the festival. Their works will be shown to both, wider audience and professional public. The Evening Projections are aimed at presenting wide spectre of artistic projects and therefore the jury will primarily look for fresh approaches and topics that reflect developments on the local and global photographic scene. The winner of the contest (selected on the last day of four-day event) will have a chance to exhibit on a solo show at Photon, Ljubljana in 2017.
We invite all photographers, artists, art groups and collectives working in the field of contemporary photography to participate, irrespective of age or nationality!
There are no application fees!
The Fotobookfestival Kassel invites again all photographers to present their so-far unpublished* photobooks to an international public and to eminent experts. In 2016 the best 50 books will be shortlisted by a pre-jury and will be exhibited at international photo events amongst others in Beijing, Dublin, Madrid, Oslo and Aarhus. From these 50 titles, 3 winners will be chosen by an international jury of experts during the 8. Fotobookfestival Kassel at the Three Shadows Photography Art Centre in Beijing. The winner of the First Prize will be given the opportunity to realize their dummy as a »real« book in cooperation with our production partner, k-books, Germany, and will be will be featured in European Photography magazine. The Second Prize is a book production voucher valued at € 500; the Third Prize is a voucher valued at € 300 given by our partner, k-books.
OPEN CALL for photographers and artists working with lens-based media to submit their works in the Backlight Photo Festival 2017, under the theme Independence.
The call is open from April 7th to June 5th 2016. We can only accept applications submitted via this online form.
- Deadline: June 5th 2016 12:00 pm CET.
- Participation: The submission is open to all photographers and artists working with lens-based media.
- We are looking for photography- and lens-based projects dealing with Backlight ´17 festivals theme -Independence. Please read the theme outline below.
- Please tell us also in writing how does your work relate to independence. “Project description” – space and it´s “summary” in the application form is reserved for this.
- For the open call for Backlight Photo Festival 2017 there is no restriction regarding the age or nationality of the applicant. Also groups and collectives are accepted to participate.
- The selected works will be presented from September 2017 at Tampere Art Museum, Museum Centre Vapriikki and Pori Art Museum as collaborators. Exact dates and additional galleries and locations will be announced later as the details and the sufficient funding has been confirmed.
- The works must be ready for shipment by June 2017 the latest, this is also the deadline for the files provided to the organizer in case of printing on location.
- Finnish artists and artists based in Finland: please note that there is a separate application process as well for a touring exhibition/exhibition series in Europe during 2017. This project is part of the Backlight Photo Festival´17 and in case of sufficient funding we shall present some of the projects also in Finland during the festival. The tour taking place in Europe – Independence through the lenses (working title), is part of the programme for the centenary of Finland´s independence in 2017 (Suomi100). Please mark X to the application form, if you wish to offer your project for the Suomi100 part as well. Remember to fill in the additional information, when your works will be available for the European tour (between Jan-Dec 2017). Artists for the Independence through the lenses can also be invited to participate outside of this call.
- Submitting projects for Backlight Photo Festival 2017 is free of charge.
- The workers and/or persons holding a position of trust in the organising/partnering institutions are not eligible to apply.
- The Majaoja Foundation gives out a special Majaoja Prize, total 18.000€ (10.000€, 5.000€ and 3.000€) to three Finnish photographers. The open call jury for the Backlight Photo Festival 2017 will select the photographers for the awards by the end of 2016. The announcement of the winners will be made by the Majaoja Foundation during the Backlight Photo Festival 2017.
We are looking for proposals with critical, artistic and/or socially engaged approach and works which deliberate with – what independence nowadays stands for and how it relates to power and the ability of having an impact to the common status quo. And furthermore, how do we define, value and embrace individual and collective independence and how has the notion of independence shaped people and nations in the past?
We wish to open the theme of independence to reach beyond the thoughts related to recognized states and proclaimed brigades to ideas of peoples self-determination in relation to communities. How do we gain our self-reliance and identity as a child or as youngster? What is the future of young population in terms of economic and mental independence from their families, institutions and societies?
The role of a state in the world of global politics and economy has changed rapidly as economic viability takes over the strategic planning and as international agreements replace local people´s demands. Furthermore, when independence is gained through financial capacity and autarky, collective responsibility and equal autonomy seems often to be left behind. This easily leads to loudening discords, bitterness and spread of unsavoury ideologies and statements, discouraging independent evaluation ability.
We encourage the participants to question and re-define the different aspects of independence from the notion of self-reliance and identity, autonomies in closed communities and traditions to independence in modern societies and nation states -in (supra-) national, cultural, social, historical, gender- and status- based, financial, human, philosophical and other contexts as well as in the context of social and human structures.
How to apply:
- Submitting projects is only possible through on-line application.
- Submitting the application requires registration. After registration the application and images can be uploaded and edited before final submission,
- The application form and images must be completely filled by the deadline.
- max. 10 images/application.
- max. 3MB/each
- accepted formats: PNG, JPG, GIF
- Pixel Dimension at least 800 pixels longest side, maximum of 2000 pixels
- Please note: if offering a video work the video cannot be sent on-line, please send us a link to your video within your application.
- If you are offering more than one project, please fill separate application for each project.
- Each applicant can submit up to 3 (three) projects.
- The decisions of the chosen projects will be made by Backlight ´17 OPEN CALL jury. We will inform all applicants of the decisions by October 1st 2016 the latest.
- The amount of projects accepted to the festival is due to the festivals funding. The organizer is a non-profit association functioning on annual grants.
- Due to the amount of applications expected the jury is not able to explain and justify the unaccepted applications.
- For the project Independence through the lenses the artists will be selected by the festival director of Backlight. She reserves the right to invite artists for the project also outside this application process.
- The open call jury for the Backlight Photo Festival 2017 will select the photographers for the Majaoja Prize by the end of 2016. The announcement of the winners will be made by the Majaoja Foundation during the Backlight Photo Festival 2017.
Grant of rights
- When submitting entries, participants confirm that the material is their own and copyright has not been violated.
- The artist warrants that third party rights are not attended.
- The applicant is responsible for authorizations and releases from their models and subjects.
Das Motto: METAMORPHOSE
Eine Generation nach dem Fall des Eisernen Vorhangs haben sich die Grenzen weit nach außen verschoben. Junge Erwachsene kennen das geteilte Europa nur mehr aus Erzählungen. Das Weinviertel wurde im Laufe dieser Entwicklung von einer entlegenen und rückständigen Randzone zu einer europäischen Region und damit zum Teil einer größeren Einheit. Dieser politische Wandel hat in Kultur, Gesellschaft und Ökonomie zu großen Veränderungen geführt.
Das Motto Metamorphose fordert Sie dazu auf, Spuren und Auswirkungen dieses zeitgeschichtlichen Wandels zu finden und künstlerisch zu kommentieren. Es fragt nach dem Spannungsbogen zwischen Bewahrung von Traditionen und der Offenheit für Neues. Es sucht nach Vorschlägen, wie eine neue, erweiterte Gesellschaft über Grenzen hinaus gelingen kann. Metamorphose steht für Wandel – ein Phänomen, das zugleich Ängste auslöst und neue Chancen mit sich bringt.
Entwickeln Sie Ihre Projektideen entlang dieser Aspekte von Metamorphose und Wandel und versuchen Sie, Ihre ganz persönlichen Antworten zu finden!
Ergänzend zum Viertelfestival NÖ-Weinviertel 2017 suchen wir – ebenfalls zum Motto “Metamorphose” – Kunst-& Kulturprojekte für eine “künstlerische Zwischennutzung von temporären Leerstand-Objekten”.
Diese spezielle Festival-Schiene wurde gemeinsam mit den Weinviertler LEADER-Regionen entwickelt.
Nähere Infos finden Sie hier: Leerstands-Objekte
Ort: Gesamtes Weinviertel
IHRE PROJEKTEINREICHUNG kann folgendermaßen erfolgen:
* ONLINE – Einreichung:
Info: Alle Online-Einreichungen können passwortgeschützt bis zum 20. Juni 2016 eingesehen und die Daten jederzeit ergänzt werden.
* PER POST VERSAND:
Ihre Projekteinreichung kann auch anhand des Einreichwegweisers erfolgen. Bitte den ausgefüllten Einreichwegweiser an die Kulturvernetzung NÖ – Büro Weinviertel senden.
INFOTERMINE für die Projekteinreichung:
Für detaillierte Fragen zum Viertelfestival NÖ und zu konkreten Projektideen bieten wir im Weinviertel 5 Infoabende an:
MI, 30. MÄRZ – 19 UHR
Konzerthaus Weinviertel, Hornerstraße 7, 3710 Ziersdorf
MI, 13. APRIL – 19 UHR
Kolpinghaus, Kolpingstraße 7, 2170 Poysdorf
DO, 14. APRIL – 19 UHR
Bildungshaus, Schlossbergstraße 8, 2114 Großrußbach
DI, 19. APRIL – 19 UHR
Stadtamt Retz (Aula), Hauptplatz 30, 2070 Retz
DO, 21. APRIL – 19 UHR
Geiers Gambrinus, Hans Kudlich-Straße 28, 2230 Gänserndorf
Wir ersuchen um IHRE ANMELDUNG im Büro der Kulturvernetzung NÖ – Weinviertel Mail-Adresse
Wir freuen uns auf ein persönliches Gespräch und Ihre Teilnahme!
Ein Projekt der Kulturvernetzung NÖ, gefördert durch das Land NÖ und das BKA Kunst.
Theme: AUTOBIOGRAPHY AS MEMORY
Memory is the overarching theme of FOCUS 2017. Our Call For Entries exhibition will take a deeper look into this theme, and explore ‘Autobiography As Memory’. Read on for more details…
Autobiography and biography have been photography’s oldest friends. The earliest photographs were attempts to create memories or stories about people, places, and changing times. In a way, they were also stories of the photographers themselves, whose preferences were revealed in how they posed their sitters and their choice of lighting, time of day, and place. One could say, that photographers were using photography to insert fiction into true stories. They were complicating what is real with what is made up through their own particular points of views. This push and pull between what is displayed and what is concealed is what makes autobiography such a fascinating and complex photographic pursuit even today.
FOCUS 2017 calls on photographers of diverse backgrounds and interests to revisit this definition and explore what autobiography means today, in an age when technology has made it possible for millions to tell their stories. Is autobiography a way to tell an alternative history? Can autobiography and biography reveal the hidden? How do personal stories of people and communities tell larger stories about a major historical event? How does manipulation extract new stories from archival pictures of historical figures? Can new biographies deliver justice years after the fact? These are only some of the possibilities of autobiography as a means to document our lives, which often include the lives of others.
Whatever your choice of instrument and technology, from compact cameras, DSLRs, and Mirrorless devices, to large formats, rangefinders, your beloved camera phone, and even light sensitive surfaces that favour cameraless techniques or DIY camera obscuras that you might build and use to experiment with the future of photography, we invite you to share your take with us. A famous novelist has said: We tell ourselves stories in order to live. FOCUS 2017 asks you to consider: We make ourselves photographs in order to live better.
The best entries selected by the jury will be exhibited in Mumbai during the two-week festival.
Deadline: Monday, 12 September 2016 // 10am Indian Standard Time.
The exhibition is curated by Prajna Desai. Click here for details on how to apply.
Einreichungsportal für den Bereich “Künstlerische Aktionen” geöffnet – nächste Einreichungsfrist am 06.12.2016: Anträge stellen
Die Einreichung im Bereich „KünstlerInnen und Kreative“ findet ausschließlich per Online-Verfahren statt: zum Bewerbungscenter.
Dort registrieren Sie sich und können danach die auszufüllenden Formulare einsehen, Ihren Antrag erstellen, bearbeiten, verändern und schließlich einreichen.
Bitte lesen Sie vor der Antragseinreichung die u.g. Förderinformationen. Wenn gewünscht, kann ecce Sie vor und bei der Antragstellung beraten. Ansprechpartnerin hierfür ist Nele Marx.
With the n-ost-Reportagepreis 2017 we will for the eleventh time reward journalists whose work conveys extraordinary stories from Eastern Europe, vividly and without clichés.
The competition is organised into three categories – Writing, Radio and Photo – with the winner in each category receiving 2.000 euros in prize money. The prize-giving ceremony will take place in June 2017 in Berlin.
The competition rewards reportages from countries in Eastern and Southeastern Europe that the jury deems to be outstanding in form and content.
The closing date for entries is Sunday, 5 February 2017.
The Prize aims to promote high-quality reporting, reward particularly good authors and photographers and maintain an ongoing debate about what “Eastern Europe” really is and how it is presented in the media.